We generate and distribute energy for Europe
Alpiq generates electricity from hydro power, fossil fuels, nuclear energy and new renewable energies. Our power stations deliver an attractive mix of peak load and base load energy. As Switzerland's largest grid owner, we help to ensure the reliable supply of electricity to our customers.
Power generation MW
Through its own power stations, Alpiq contributes to Swiss and European electricity supplies. We produce base load energy and offer a large proportion of attractive peak load energy which we use flexibly to cover our customers' fluctuating requirements. When it comes to power generation, we take a responsible approach to resource management and invest in renewable energies throughout Europe.
- Alpiq generates electrical energy.
- Alpiq trades on all energy exchanges throughout Europe.
- Alpiq sells energy and operates branches throughout Europe.
- Alpiq delivers peak and base load energy to customers and operates its own transport grids.
- Alpiq Energy Services provide all the technical services related to the generation, transmission and application of energy.